Here at Quality Hotel Lincoln Green, we value people and care for the environment. We found a great opportunity to join the Tourism New Zealand Sustainability Commitment. We share their goal to improve the tourism industry here in Aotearoa through the four elements (Economic, Visitor, Host Community & Environment) and 14 commitments.
Below are some initiatives we implement under the Sustainability Commitment.
- Reduce printing and copying to save on paper usage
- Started using an electronic timesheet and roster system to save paper
- Changed to an electronic compendium in our rooms
- Nanotech technology has been applied to showers, bathroom floors, and public areas to reduce the amount of chemicals used for cleaning
- Environmental awareness cards were placed in the rooms for towel reuse and water usage
- Energy-efficient AC units installed to reduce power usage and improve guest comfort
- LED Lights have been fitted into rooms
- Changed our supply chain policy to only deal with suppliers that have a sound sustainability policy
- As part of The Trusts group, surplus profits from the Lincoln Green go right back into local schools, community groups, businesses, and people who are dedicated to helping West Auckland thrive. Find out more…